- Sport in Newtownabbey
- Sports Development
- Sports Events
- Sports Funding
- Sports Directory
- Sports Facilities
- Grassroots Football
- Special Olympics
- Who We Funded
- Ruby Maxwell Trophy
| | | | |
This event has now past but these pages will remain online for information purposes.
What Is It?
The council has planned a Twilight soccer under 15s league on Saturdays from the 16 July -20 August 2011 the aim is to bring together children from adjoining regions of Newtownabbey to play football together at the Valley, encouraging all to take part in a competitive and enjoyable tournament. It is also the aim to develop links with local established football clubs and to give the footballer the opportunity to develop their participation in the sport
Why Do It?
The aim of the tournament is to allow:
- Children can meet on an even plane
- Improve community relations
- Set up future good relations with residents groups
- Broaden soccer net within Newtownabbey for the participants and allow players the opportunity to develop by entering into well established local football clubs.
Format of the games:
All soccer games will take place at The Zest Soccer pitches at the valley Leisure Centre. Programme The competition is to run from Sat 16 Jul- Sat 20 Aug 2011. Each team will play three 10 minute each way games per night.Throughout the tournament they will play each team twice (home and away).
Each evening the itinerary will be as follows:
|7:20pm||1st game starts|
|7:45pm||1st game ends|
|8:00pm||2nd game starts|
|8:25pm||2nd game ends|
|8:40pm||3rd game starts|
|9:05pm||3rd game ends|
|9:30pm||Collection of scores and end of session.|
- 15 yrs of age and under working within a 3 year age band.
- 5 a side plus 3 rolling subs.
- No metal studs, shin pads to be work at all times.
- Coachesto referee.
- Code of conduct to be obeyed at all times (agreed by all groups prior to tournament).
- All games to be timed by one person and start/stop on hooter.
- Scores to be kept but not published
- Match reports to go on Council website on Monday after games.
- Prizes and BBQ on last week
- All participants will receive a prize.