The Play Development Service pledges to promote equality in all aspects of play work and to provide children with the opportunity to develop their social, intellectual and movement skills through the provision of safe, creative and stimulating play environments and experiences across the Borough of Newtownabbey.
- Community consultation and research into play needs - to include present and potential facilities.
- Development and servicing of Play Focus groups.
- Development and implementation of play related training to local play focus groups, community groups and after school club staff.
- Organisation of official openings of Council play areas.
- Implementation of the Council Play Policy.
- A Play Grant-aid programme available to community groups, pre-school groups and after school clubs.
- Advice to play focus groups and community groups on the research and design of age related play facilities.
- Training and advice on Child Protection Issues.
- Organised Play Days.
- A five-week Rural Summer Scheme for children aged between 8 years and 14 years.
- An enquiry and information service.
- Advice and support on the development of Home Zone projects.
For Grants/Funding visit oursection.