Community Relations Grants
For the first time grants can be completed online atEvery application completed online will be entered into a prize draw to win two tickets to a performance of your choice at the Theatre at the Mill.
For more information on Good Relations within Newtownabbey Borough Council, download the “Living Well Together” strategy:(.pdf 6MB)
Good Relations Grant Aid Programme
Applications are now invited from suitably constituted Community/Voluntary Sector organisations working within the Borough of Newtownabbey to apply for financial assistance to support programmes of work that promote positive community or race relations.
Funding is available under the following categories:
|Good Relations Special Grant||To assist individual groups in promoting ‘good relations’ in an inclusive and considered manner.||£2,500
(exceptional projects may be awarded up to £5,000)
|Good Relations Cluster Grant||To assist groups to work together in the promotion of good relations on a cluster basis.||£5,000|
Exclusions - Grants are aimed at specific projects or schemes they will NOT cover on-going costs e.g. salaries. Nor will they pay for major capital expenditure, competitions, uniforms and sporting equipment, cash generative schemes, retrospective events or party political activities.
Grants are primarily for activities in the Newtownabbey area and will NOT cover expenditure outside Northern Ireland. This programme is open all year, with recommendations for funding presented to Development Committee on a monthly basis.
Details of the applications process, assessment criteria and an application form can also be downloaded at www.newtownabbey.gov.uk or by contacting Emma Rea, Community Development Assistant, Newtownabbey Borough Council, Mossley Mill, Newtownabbey, BT36 5QA Tel: 028 9034 0053 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of our new Grant Aid Programme is to promote good community and race relations through encouraging understanding and healing, challenging prejudice, increasing respect for diversity and developing good relations skills and good practice.
Consideration will be given to projects that:
- Promote meaningful cross-community contact between people from different religious, ethnic, cultural or political backgrounds, or engage people from a single identity background in a project clearly on a good relations theme.
- Have a focus on challenging racism, sectarianism or prejudice, heightening awareness of these issues, responding to incidents of these or supporting victims of these.
- Encourage reflection on identity, similarities and differences between communities and promote acceptance and understanding of diversity.
- Provide opportunities for groups to explore cultural, political and religious traditions, or perspectives on local history or conflict as part of a programme that increases their capacity to develop inter-community contact.
- Provide skills training or new models of community relations work which enable people to understand and deal with cultural difference, prejudice, conflict and other issues related to community and race relations work.
We hope to support the important work happening in the community which is building better relations and contributing to a more stable and tolerant city.
Grant aid will be available under two main categories:
Good Relations Special Grant
(up to £2,500 – Exceptional projects may be awarded up to £5,000) This grant is provided to assist individual groups in promoting ’good relations’ in an inclusive and considered manner.
Good Relations Cluster Grant (up to £5,000)
To assist groups in the Newtownabbey Borough Council area to work together in the promotion of good relations on a cluster basis.
As grants are aimed at specific projects or schemes they will NOT cover on-going costs e.g. salaries. Nor will they pay for major capital expenditure, competitions, uniforms and sporting equipment, cash generative schemes, retrospective events or party political activities. Grants will NOT cover expenditure outside Northern Ireland.
For further information on the grant scheme, please contact
Good Relations Officer
Newtownabbey Borough Council
Newtownabbey BT36 5QA
Tel: 028 90340033
Related Documents to Download: