We aim, through a combination of education and enforcement initiatives, to protect the environment of the Borough and its residents from emissions that would affect their quality of life.
What We Do
- Investigate complaints of (.pdf 715Kb) or nuisance arising from domestic, commercial and industrial premises.
- Investigate complaints and incidents involving littering and fly-tipping, initiating legal proceedings where appropriate. Problems relating to licensed landfill sites or large scale disposal of waste are dealt with by the .
- Respond to complaints of abandoned vehicles and arrange for their removal
- Inspect premises permitted under the Industrial Pollution Prevention and Control legislation to ensure all emissions to air fall within prescribed limits
- Investigate complaints of “dark smoke” being emitted from industrial and trade premises
- Assess land for potential sources of contamination and provide advice to developers.
How to Contact Us
Newtownabbey Borough Council
Telephone: 028 9034 0160
Fax: 028 9034 0177
Related Documents to Download: