Health & Safety

Registration of Business/Activities

Previously if you employed people you need to register with HSENI or the Local Authority depending on the type of business you have. The requirement to do so has been removed however if you wish you can still register your details with us. This will enable us to send you free information and let you know of any useful training etc that may be coming up. There is still a requirement to register all food businesses at least 28 days before opening (Food premises registration). A General Registration Form (.doc 21Kb) is available for non-food businessess.


Who else is required to register with the Council?


The following businesses are also required to register with their local Council (click the links for more details):







Bookmark & Share this page:
For further details on this contact:

Environmental Health

Tel: 028 9034 0160


© Newtownabbey Borough Council 2015